This item is currently unavailable on our webstore! Please contact our office directly here, to make an inquiry.
Features and benefits
Material Data & Technical Info
PTFE tape is used in phase insulation for bundling end turns, spot bundling and anchoring breakouts. The aerospace industry also uses PTFE tape to protect airframe wire harnesses. The excellent dielectric properties of this product combined with its high-temperature adhesive coating make this PTFE tape an excellent choice as a high-temperature insulation product.
- Electrical Insulation
- High temperature applications
- Cryogenic and low temperature
- Low friction
- Impregnation masking
- Most outstanding properties are its high dielectric and tensile strength, which make it an extremely durable insulation tape.
- The high temperature properties of the PTFE and silicone adhesive allow the tape to perform continuous temperatures up to 260°C.
- A high-modulus tape, PTFE also exhibits low elongation which enables it to be applied with automatic wrapping equipment.
- The other outstanding features of PTFE tape include chemical inertness as well as low-friction, anti-stick and non-toxic properties, making it the right material for numerous applications. This PTFE tape meets MIL-I-23594 U.S. Government specifications
Backing Material Film-PTFE Adhesive Type Silicone Total Thickness (mm) 0.089 Backing Thickness (mm) 0.051 Adhesive Thickness (mm) 0.038 Adhesion to Steel (N/cm) 3.3 Tensile Strength (N/cm) 53 Dielectric Strength (volts) 9000 Elongation (% at break) 150 Operating Temperature (°C) -73 to + 260 Colour Grey